Rules before installing the braces.
What you need to know if you are going to install a bracket system:
1. Before the treatment it is necessary to make a professional cleaning of the oral cavity (to remove odontolith and plaque from the tooth surface).
2. If there are some teeth diseases like caries, enamel defects or chipped teeth, be sure to provide all the necessary treatment at dental therapist.
3. Patients with gum disease must undergo maintenance therapy at the periodontologist’s.
4. Some patients may be required a consultation and even the treatment at dental surgeon’s before the installation of braces.
5. If existing chronic diseases inform your orthodontist so that he could agree on a plan of further treatment with your doctor.
6. After installing the bracket system, all of the doctor’s recommendations must be followed, so you can provide yourself comfortable and efficient treatment.